|Thursday, May 12, 2016 01:10 PM|
What Are the Mathematical Practices?
The 8 Mathematical Practices
The Common Core Standards also expect students to solve problems, to apply
what they have learned, to reason, explain and share their ideas with others.
The Standards for Mathematical Practices tell us how mathematically proficient
students who truly understand and know how to use mathematics do.
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of str.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
|Last Updated on Friday, June 10, 2016 11:21 AM|