Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:28 AM
TODOS 2016: Ensuring Equity and Excellence in Mathematics for ALL
TODOS 2016 Conference Registration ~ Reigistration is closed
Sessions for TODOS 2016 will focus on the following topics:
- Integrating Language, Literacy, and Culture in Mathematics
- Building on Student, Family, and Community Strengths
- Framing Mathematics Education through the Lens of Social Justice
- Implementing Rigorous Mathematics Standards-Based Curriculum
- Assessing Student Mathematical Thinking through Formative Assessment
- Developing Leaders to Achieve Equity and Excellence in Mathematics
June 23rd - June 25th ~ Scottsdale Plaza Resort ~ Phoenix, Arizona metro area
Session Description Overview
Registration will open at 3:00 PM
Presentation of 2016 Iris M. Carl Leadership and Equity Award
Reception following Keynote Address
"Setting the Tone"
Lunch ~ Ignite Sessions
- Impact Session group follow up
- TODOS Student Awards
- Dinner on Your Own
Important Information and Dates
- Conference registration is open. The conference fee is $350 and includes conference materials and the following meals:
- Thursday ~ Reception with hor d'oeuvres
- Friday ~ continental breakfast and lunch
- Saturday ~ continental breakfast and lunch
- A limited amount of stipends for K-12 teachers are available through the NSF funded Arizona Master Teachers of Mathematics administered by the Department of Mathematics at The University of Arizona. Part of the application for the teacher stipend includes submitting a Teacher Assignment Verification Form.
- Registration will be capped, so don't delay your registration!
- Refund Policy: A $50.00 non-refundable administrative fee will be assessed for any cancellation made by May 15th, 2016. No refunds will be offered after this date. The exception to this date are those teachers who have been placed on a waiting list for a stipend. If they are still on the waiting list in May they will be contacted by the Registration Committee regarding space available and a refund request date. TODOS membership dues are nonrefundable.
- K-12 Teachers Eligible for Stipends may also apply for a pre-paid room
- Housing reservations are now open
- A block of rooms at a special conference rate has been reserved at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. Please contact them after June 6th for availability, toll-free at 800-832-2025.
- The special rate is available to conference attendees two days before and two days after the conference on a space-available basis
- Scottsdale Plaza Resort provides shuttle service to and from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport every half hour from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM at a cost of $23 one way. For airport pickup, arrange ahead of time with the hotel by calling 800-306-0059.
- Super Shuttle provides shuttle service for a fee. Check www.supershuttle.com.
- Uber and Lyft are also available.
- There is a Hertz car rental desk in the hotel. The rates may be less than renting a car at the airport.
- Free self-parking at the resort.
- The Scottsdale Trolley provides free rides around Scottsdale.
Amenities near Scottsdale Plaza Resort
- Scottsdale has shopping, many fine restaurants and several breweries, with easy access via the Trolley.
- Restaurants and shopping across the street from Scottsdale Plaza Resort.
- Kierland Commons which includes restaurants and shops is about 6 miles north of the Resort.
- Scottsdale Fashion Square, which is a major mall, is 3 miles south.
- Old Town Scottsdale with shops and restaurants is about 4 miles south.
- Spas, hiking trails and golf course are everywhere.
The attendance for this conference will be capped, so if you plan to attend you register now!
TODOS 2016 Conference is co-sponsored by NSF-funded Arizona Master Teachers of Mathematics (AZ-MTM), award #1035330, administered by the Department of Mathematics at The University of Arizona.
Last Updated on Sunday, June 19, 2016 08:15 PM